Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hey everyone-got out of my first session of training early and decided to come to the internet cafe and write about my last week. This last weekend we learned how to tie and die which was alot of fun. Tie and dyeing is really popular and cultural here and it was surprising that all of our clothes turned out really cool. We also placed orders for Peace Corps shirts that one of the trainees designed as well as a traditional batique style fabric that we should get before we swear in.

On saturday I will be leaving for the Upper East to Sandema my site that I will be for two years. I will be there for a week and then return for two weeks to finish training so I am really excited to see the area and job that I will be working in for the next couple of years. I will write about it in my next post and try to post some pics as well.

te le mantu chab,

Jason