Saturday, October 07, 2006

Akwaaba

When I last wrote I was on my vision quest which was an experience. It was a reality check for my expectations about what I will be doing and what I will accomplish. While some volunteers achieve alot of success others are put into a situation where projects do not always go as you want them and failure can be a common theme before you achieve any success. However I still feel that your experience is what you make of it, and whether you have the best or worst time in the PC is all about you outlook on the situation.

When we were done with out vision quest we travelled from Busua to the Kumasi sub office and then the next day to Techiman where I am now. I am now living with my host family which is great. There is thirteen people in the family including a set of triplets who are two months old. There is electricity half the time and no running water. Not having running water really isn't bad at all. I have been really busy with training so I haven't had much time to do anything but it is still great to be here doing this.

Yesterday we found out our placement and I will be in Sandema in the Upper East working in business advising, NGOs, and micro-finance...I am really excited about it and look forward to starting. I will be learning Twi along with Buli. Anyways I have to be going.

Madaase,

Jason